Kinkaku-ji, also known as the Golden Pavilion, is one of the most spectacular temples to be found in Kyoto due to its exterior having been covered in gold leaf. Although the original temple grounds date to 1397, all of the buildings except for the pavilion were burned down during the Ōnin war, which took place from 1467 to 1477. The Kinkaku-ji pavilion met a similar fate when it was burned down due to arson in 1950. The current building was reconstructed in 1956.
Latitude, Longitude: 35.0389227564722,135.7287336796